We are seeking a Dispatcher to join our team.
SummaryReporting to the Dispatch Planner, the Dispatcher is an integral part of the team and is accountable for collaborating with the driver force to execute planned routes successfully. Key elements of the role are:
- Providing accurate instructions & communication of assigned routes to drivers
- Monitoring & managing driver activity to insure on-time service
- Work with sales & customer service to communicate to customers completion of service
- Manage driver’s schedules for availability
- Dispatch Shifts will be 4 days on / 4 days off rotation with an average of 40 hours per week
- Communicate load instructions to drivers in a clear and thorough manner through our transportation software.
- Monitor & coach drivers with electronic logging to insure on-time delivery and hours of service compliance daily
- Follow instructed workflow for order completion utilizing all systems provided:
- Ensure all systems are updated in a timely manner to reflect completion of customer routes
- Insure any driver concerns that may impact driver retention are forwarded to Management to be addressed
- Monitor arrival & departure to insure on-time service for all pick-up & deliveries
- Communicate delays to Dispatch Planner in a timely manner.
- Monitor & update trailer tracking for temperature compliance & security of enroute orders.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, fluent in English
- Works well independently and an effective collaborator
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build good working relationships with drivers/operators, clients, and vendors.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft office suite
- Ability to learn company specific programs and monitoring programs; experience with
- Transportation/Tracking software would be an asset.
- Excellent administrative, organization and time management skills
- Analytical thinker: Ability to identify and assess unanticipated situations and make appropriate suggestions for corrective action plans.
- High school diploma, post-secondary education an asset